Now Accepting Scholarships for January 8th Level A Course
(Deadline is December 22nd)
Made Up Theatre is now accepting submissions for our new MUT Diversity Program, where our goal is to provide improv education to those who may not otherwise be able to and to continue to support diversity and inclusion in Made Up Theatre’s thriving community.
- Receive a full tuition scholarship to Made Up Theatre’s Level A – C curriculum, where you will learn the fundamentals of improvisation, different styles and formats, and perform in shows for family and friends.
- See Made Up Theatre’s weekly improv shows for free.
- Learn from some of the Bay Area’s best improv teachers and collaborate with a diverse community of improvisors.
Applicants should follow the following criteria:
- Be able to contribute to gender, racial, ethnic, age (over 35), sexual orientation, gender identity, or differently-abled diversity at Made Up Theatre.
- Have a strong passion and commitment to learn the art of improvisation at Made Up Theatre, even with no prior performance or improv experience.
- Be able to collaborate well in a group setting.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
In order to submit for our Winter Scholarship which begins on the January 8th, please follow the below instructions:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email heading: MUT Diversity Winter Scholarship
- Submit one of the following or BOTH:
- An approximately 300 word essay describing yourself and why you want to be a part of our Diversity Scholarship Program.
- A professional letter of recommendation from a past or current teacher, employer, or collaborator.
- Attach a recent headshot of yourself. Note, it does not need to be a professional headshot. Ideally it should be at least 300×300 pixels and not a selfie.
THIS APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM PST December 22, 2017. We will send a confirmation email that we have received your application (please allow 24-48 hours for a response).