Hello everybody! We haven’t updated this page in a while, but we wanted to briefly update you all on Made Up Theatre’s route to re-opening in-house operations. Please note, that nothing is set in stone and everything stated below is subject to change.
When will Made Up Theatre re-open for live shows?
As of today (April 15, 2021), Alameda County has opened up eligibility for COVID-19 vaccines to everybody 16 and up. This is great news for live theatre and entertainment! There has also been an update to the Blueprint for a Safer Economy reopening framework (as listed here) that states the following:
- Indoor live events or performances beginning April 15: In the Purple Tier these activities are not allowed. In the Red, Orange and Yellow tiers these activities are allowed with capacity limits and modifications including physical distancing, advance ticket purchases, designated areas for eating and drinking, and attendance limited to in-state visitors.
- Venues with a capacity of up to 1,500 people: In the Red Tier capacity is limited to 10% or 100 people, and capacity increases to 25% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination. In the Orange Tier, capacity is limited to 15% or 200 people, and capacity increases to 35% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination. In the Yellow Tier capacity in limited to 25% or 300 people, and capacity increases to 50% if all guests are tested or show proof of full vaccination.
Based on the above information, Made Up Theatre’s path to re-opening is close. We are unable to give a finalized date right now, but know that it should be within 6-8 weeks. We will be sure to update you on our website, newsletter, and social media! Our primary goal is to make sure our cast members are vaccinated, so they can safely perform while bringing live entertainment and comedy back to Fremont!
How will Made Up Theatre shows be run?
Our goal is to ensure Made Up Theatre follows county guidelines and facilitates a safe environment. Our shows will open back up at reduced capacity, which means we will be enforcing the following:
- Distanced seating of up to 6ft between groups.
- Proof of vaccination will be required for entry into venue.
- Masks will be required at all times.
- All cast, crew, and staff are required to be vaccinated.
- Performers are allowed to be unmasked but must be 6ft away from audience members at all times.
These guidelines are subject to change.
Does this mean you will end online shows?
As of right now, nope! We are looking into updating our layout, but we do not want to cease online shows. We have many recurring guests of Made Up Theatre who live great distance away from MUT or would prefer to continue watching our shows from the comfort of their own home. We will update everybody on how you can view our shows online, but know as of now, online shows will still be offered!
When will in-house classes return?
At the moment, our focus is on re-opening for live shows. Classes will be our next step! We have no current information, since the facilitation of classes is different to live shows, but we will re-open safely while following county guidelines. Thank you for your patience!
I have a question!
Of course! Send a question below and we’ll respond ASAP!